How to Promote Your Facebook Page With Little or No Money!
This week, I asked the members of our community – What would you like to learn about today? What problem would you like solving? What would help with your business?
So todays post has been inspired by Marty Simons from South West Florida Kids Deals
I have a course within The SNA called The Facebook 10, these are the top 10 methods I use regularly to drive traffic. However, I don’t want to overwhelm you, so today I’m going to give you my absolute Top 5 Methods I use to drive traffic to my facebook page for little or no money and what you need to do to get started using these strategies for your page!
Tip 1 – Webinars!
This is my absolute Top Tip for generating fans for FREE! Inviting people to a free webinar with no sales pitch, purely content, total value. The more you do, the more people will share and recommend your webinars to others. Please note, my first webinar I had maybe 10 people show up, I now regularly have 500 and over. We all have to start somewhere!
1. Go and sign up for www.anymeeting.com. This is a free service and you can have up to 200 attendees.
2. Think about a subject within your niche that you would be happy to talk about for 20 – 30 minutes
3. Imagine that you’re the most intelligent, outgoing person in the world and that everyone already loves you (this is a very important part of the strategy, especially if you’re a bit shy)
4. If the thought of doing it alone absolutely leaves you cold, rope a friend in and chat together.
5. Create the webinar and get on Facebook and start to invite people, anyone, family, friends, fans.
6. Don’t worry about having perfect slides, a perfect script, the perfect headline, just do it, get online and start having a chat about something that interests you and others. You can perfect it later!
Do not overthink this, just do it!
If you would like to know more about hosting great webinars then download this fantastic guide from my great friend and all round superstar Casey Zeman!
Tip 2 – Contests & Promotions
What an excellent way to drive masses of fans to your page! Everyone loves a good competition! The best part? They’re easy to share and quick to go viral! But, you do need to ensure you’re using a 3rd party app to create your contests so as to stay in line with FB’s Rules & Regs. It just so happens, I can help with that!
1. If you haven’t yet, upgrade your FREE Fan Page Templates account today (a low one off fixed price of only $97) and begin creating unlimited Sweepstake Competitions using our fandabulous Sweepstakes App! Login to Your Account Here!
2. Get your first competition LIVE!
3. Haven’t created a FREE Fan Page Templates account yet? Go and do it right NOW! You don’t know what you’re missing! Click here to Create Your Free Account!
Tip 3 – Create Habit Forming Activities.
People are naturally creatures of habit. Unfortunately once someone has liked your page, the chances of them revisiting your page again are as low as 2 or 3%, so how do you get them back to your page to engage in activity and recommend you to friends?
Hold a weekly event.
So for example make every Friday a day that people can come and promote their business on your wall, or make every Monday afternoon, expert afternoon, where you invite an expert in your niche to be available on your wall to answer questions for a couple of hours.
1. Pick one day or one hour every week and pick one activity to do repeatedly every week. Don’t overwhelm yourself and start planning daily activities, just start small and pick one day or one hour and one activity. Start promoting your event every week to your friends / fans, build up to it on the wall, create a facebook event about it and invite all your friends. Just start slowly and gradually more and more people will hear about it and begin to attend your weekly event.
Tip 4 – Utilise Your Blog!!!
Wow, kind of 3 points in one there! The objective is this, if people visit your site, they can see how to find you, like you, share and comment on your content and every action they take on your site automatically creates a story / comment on facebook! Also by connecting your blog with Facebook using one of these apps, every blog post you write gets automatically added to a tab on facebook (do not let it post to your wall automatically, it will not get as much prominence in the newsfeed – always post your updates manually) and by copying and pasting your blog posts into the notes application, you may well get some google love! (I’ll explain that in a bit more detail in another post).
1. Go and get the like box from the social plugins page and add to your blog
2. Link your blog to facebook by using one of the apps I highlighted above
3. Start copying and pasting your blog posts into the notes app on your page (make sure you go to edit settings and turn off the ‘post to wall’ function)
Tip 5 – Share Brilliant Content – Your Own & Others!
Every single day you need to be posting quality content, probably more so now since the change in the newsfeed last year. It’s a lot more difficult to get to and stay at the top of the newsfeed now, so you may want to think about posting a bit more regularly. Please note though, don’t post drivel, the name of the game is to encourage people to engage with your posts. The higher the engagement, the greater exposure in the newsfeed! If you share great content from others people’s pages / blogs, always ensure you give credit where credit is due, mention the author, tag them if possible, this means your customers can instantly go and learn more about the author, it also gets you under the radar of that person and generates exposure for your brand on their page, so it’s win win all round!
1. Make notes of everything you learn in your industry and turn into tips, hints, how to’s etc to post on your wall
2. Re-purpose your blog content into video / audio etc and get it out there!
3. Every day find an article or post from another expert in your niche and share it on your wall remembering to credit and tag the author
4. Every day use the FB questions function and ask your audience an interesting question
5. Try where possible to post a piece of your content (blog post etc), a question, a relevant photo and a piece of someone else’s content everyday.
Make sure you engage! With anyone of these points, if people like, comment or share your stuff, make sure you engage! Thank them, start a conversation with them, ask them a question, whatever it takes, engage!!! The more engagement the more exposure in the newsfeed. The more exposure in the newsfeed, the more people will see it. The more people see it, the more likes you have, the more likes you have the more opportunity to engage and so it goes round and round!!!
Please don’t just read this post, pick 3 things out of all the above action steps that you’re going to do today and DO THEM! Then let me know how you got on!
Are you only reaching 16% or less of your fans on Facebook? Find out why Facebook Landing Pages are more important now than ever! Download Your FREE Report Today! Click Here Now!